• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to make date paste?

mmoorree

Hard to say.  I guess try the hand blender for recipe testing, assuming you mean an egg-beater type thing not an immersion blender.  You're really just mashing things together, right?  Then think about making 100 or 1000 - a Robot Coupe will make a smooth puree but have much smaller capacity than a stand mixer that could handle more heavy "dough" at a similar price. 

In the quantity you want to do (10kg) each day, I would suggest investing in a commercial-grade machine; you will burn out a home-use food processor within a few months and you'll have to spend more money to replace it.  perhaps you can find a gently-used Robot Coupe at a restaurant supply or auction.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:23 AM, JeanneCake said:

In the quantity you want to do (10kg) each day, I would suggest investing in a commercial-grade machine; you will burn out a home-use food processor within a few months and you'll have to spend more money to replace it.  perhaps you can find a gently-used Robot Coupe at a restaurant supply or auction.

Can you please advice on a model? Are you suggesting a Blixer coz I looked up on YouTube and couldn't any videos of people doing it? Or is it some other model.

Robot Coupe US has a website that will make suggestions for which model fits your needs based on  your answers/selections to their questions.  I think  it's possible for you to use a consumer model food processor but if you are going to make that much date paste on a daily basis, just realize the unit might not last as long as you think.  And you can, in the meantime, be saving up to buy the commercial model.

Robot Coupe suggested models

• Like 1

I sent an email to robot coupe and am waiting for their response. In the meantime I soaked the dates in oil and put it in my wet grinder to integrate it in chocolate spread and looks like I reached 20micron particle size. I had to run it for 80hours.