• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

If you want to make your own, look for coarse ground whole wheat flour.  Bob's Red Mill should have something.

I used to use Nabisco graham cracker crumbs  (in 5 lb bags of fine crumbs for foodservice) but they were out of stock for months earlier this year.  In looking for alternatives, I found so many graham crackers with cinnamon added, yuck!  So I feel your frustration a bit.  Graham crackers, victim of the pandemic? 

If stuck with mediocre GCs, you could try lightly toasting the crumbs to counteract staleness, or brown your butter and add a drop of vanilla to boost flavor in your crust.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

If you want to make your own, look for coarse ground whole wheat flour.  Bob's Red Mill should have something.

I used to use Nabisco graham cracker crumbs  (in 5 lb bags of fine crumbs for foodservice) but they were out of stock for months earlier this year.  In looking for alternatives, I found so many graham crackers with cinnamon added, yuck!  So I feel your frustration a bit.  Graham crackers, victim of the pandemic? 

If stuck with mediocre GCs, you could try toasting the crumbs a little to counteract staleness, or brown your butter and add a drop of vanilla to boost flavor in your crust.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

I used to use Nabisco graham cracker crumbs  (in 5 lb bags of fine crumbs for foodservice) but they were out of stock for months earlier this year.  In looking for alternatives, I found so many graham crackers with cinnamon added, yuck!  So I feel your frustration a bit.