• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Longtime reader, first time member!

Howdy folks, I'm Peter - an avid home cook who is passionate about food culture. I currently oversee food content at Pinterest and, previously, I started the Museum of Food and Drink in NYC. I also have a podcast I do with Food52 called Counterjam, which looks at cultural identity through food and music. Basically, I'm a major food nerd. It's great to be here! I'll be sharing a little announcement elsewhere about a recipe contest going on at Pinterest - I thought it might be of interest for folks.

• Like 3

Peter - I'm very interested in what has brought someone like yourself back to eGullet...after all, we're hardly cutting edge in terms of social media, but evidently we are still on some people's radar. 

• Like 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

Peter - I'm very interested in what has brought someone like yourself back to eGullet...after all, we're hardly cutting edge in terms of social media, but evidently we are still on some people's radar. 

me too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weinoo said:

Seems to be going to every food website out there and joining to mention the contest. 

• Like 3