• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Croquade (Frifri) -- Out of business?

ScoopKona

I've been eyeing the Croquade* waffle maker for some time. I like the idea of interchangeable plates -- especially for making waffle cones. Plates went on deep discount on Amazon a couple weeks ago. And I thought, "Hell, they're giving the plates away. May as well cry once and buy the waffle maker."

They seem to be out of business. Their customer service number has been disconnected. But their website is still up and is almost fully functional. (I've had the waffle maker in my cart for a week, and can't get past the shipping tab -- trying both my address and a friend's address on the mainland. No luck.

Anyone know what's going on with this company?

* They're called Frifri in Europe. They look to be available there.

Maybe try again. There are two numbers listed for Customer Service. 🙂

1 (866) 290-1851 may be the number you tried. When I tried calling it using Google Voice, the call just didn't complete. No answer, no message - just kept trying to dial. 

However, 1- 888-506-9580 answered (with an automated system) when I called. This number is listed on the website FAQ page.

• Like 1