• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feta Dilemma

liuzhou

Spanakopita immediately springs to mind.  But then I make it to go with Moussaka which is yet another thing to be contemplated and I can't see making these dishes for only one.  

The other thing I mainly used feta cheese for is a part of a Tri-pepper salad. 

I am not the most adventurous cook.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I like feta with spinach. Darienne's spanikopita idea goes in that direction, but mixing them together in an omelette or a quiche also works well.

We also like the combination of feta, canned tuna and tomatoes - with the snack scoop of choice. (We use pita, or crackers.)

Nice that yours isn't too salty!

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Have you test driven its melt quality. Maybe just the melty cheese element on a pasta dish if it has no significant other profile other than dairy -- kinda dry. Does it crumble like a mild cotija?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to make turkey feta basil burgers. Though that recipe uses "hard" feta crumbles, so it may not work if you got the softer variety.

I sometimes make a version of manoush - homemade pizza with a zataar topping. It’s fantastic fresh out of the oven eaten with feta and sliced tomato and cucumber. Also, Feta Coleslaw is delicious. (I know, sounds weird, right?). That recipe makes enough for an army, so I always halve it and it's still plenty for two people for a couple of meals.

Edited by streem26 (log)