• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What cookware brand is this?

Annie_H

I watched a video last night and noticed a saucier I'm not familiar with. Video link, AdenFilms 5 course dinner in Dublin.

Good pan view at minute 6.12. Definitely restaurant quality as it seems to have a dent back edge. Aluminum core. I need three like this for a menu project. Another video by him about a 27$ salad uses similar but higher quality. Same hollow handle with pinched hanging end. Google imaged 'Ireland restaurant pans' and got more hits. Zwilling has a low end set with same handle but no saucier. Various rivets on all of them. Found one searching WebstaurantStore. one quart saucier at the right price point. Curved lip edge. 

The 27$ salad video is about how I want to use mine. 27$ Signature Dish at minute 2-ish. But he uses the same pan for various veg. I want to sauté various things at the same time. (need to try his rhubarb method!). Good videos if you like that sort of thing.

At the 20$ price point from WStore I could purchase 5. 

I was using various small sauce pans, then upgraded to the small Darto paella when they had a by-one-get-one and have 4. Works well and nice straight to table but not perfect. 

I realize I've maybe answered my own question but wondering if anyone has used this quality. I've had my DeBuyers for years from a downtown restaurant supply or maybe BroadwayPanhandler but never came across this style saucier. 

16 minutes ago, Annie_H said:

I watched a video last night and noticed a saucier I'm not familiar with. Video link, AdenFilms 5 course dinner in Dublin.

Good pan view at minute 6.12. Definitely restaurant quality as it seems to have a dent back edge. Aluminum core. I need three like this for a menu project. Another video by him about a 27$ salad uses similar but higher quality. Same hollow handle with pinched hanging end. Google imaged 'Ireland restaurant pans' and got more hits. Zwilling has a low end set with same handle but no saucier. Various rivets on all of them. Found one searching WebstaurantStore. one quart saucier at the right price point. Curved lip edge. 

The 27$ salad video is about how I want to use mine. 27$ Signature Dish at minute 2-ish. But he uses the same pan for various veg. I want to sauté various things at the same time. (need to try his rhubarb method!). Good videos if you like that sort of thing.

At the 20$ price point from WStore I could purchase 5. 

I was using various small sauce pans, then upgraded to the small Darto paella when they had a by-one-get-one and have 4. Works well and nice straight to table but not perfect. 

I realize I've maybe answered my own question but wondering if anyone has used this quality. I've had my DeBuyers for years from a downtown restaurant supply or maybe BroadwayPanhandler but never came across this style saucier. 

Sitram?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

21 minutes ago, gfweb said:

looks unstable

I doubt it watching the videos. The chefs leave the pot for a while--a few seconds or more, but depends on the stovetop. The handles are hollow so no weight. 

I have a wood fired stove with a 1/4inch steel plate flat top. Slide pots around for different heat temps. Front left over the firebox-boil/sear, back left simmer, back right simmer/warm, center warm/poach, right front warm, (where we set our Chemex after brewing), etc. 

The Sitram pans I have are plenty stable.  I have a similarly shaped Fissler pot, but while the Fissler and Sitram handles are similar, the holes in the Sitram handles are slightly oval, whereas the holes in the Fissler handles are round.

2 hours ago, TdeV said:

5 of those would be a fun price! 🤣

But only two in stock.

People talk trash about Cybernox, but for twenty years Sitram Cybernox has been my goto pan for a fried egg.  Nothing better.  Eat your hearts out air fryer fans.  And before they were collectors' items Cybernox prices were quite reasonable.  However I am confident the pan in question is indeed not Cybernox.

• Like 1

My bad. Ignore what I posted below. However, I do love my Vollrath. 

Vollrath.

Mine:

20220712_212314.jpg

Edited by Porthos
I was wrong. (log)
  • Like 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;