• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Other sites for recipes?

Stone

If you're on the foodtv and epicurious track, you might want to check out Martha's at marthastewart.com. I have more but have to do some digging.

Scottish Chef, you joined on my birthday. BBC what?

Edited by elyse (log)

Stone:

Try Wonderful Food

The other option is as Snowangel suggested. Go to Google and type in "Lamb Shanks" +recipe, or whatever the item in question is in quotation marks, space +recipe and see what pops back at 'ya.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

This site automates Google for recipes: Cookin' With Google.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Have you goggled with what recipe you're looking for?  (Like Buttermilk Pancake Recipe; be sure and put recipe in there).  Often have good luck with this.

I tried that (I google everything), but you get a lot of duds.

Stone, I think the site I linked will help. But I don't read recipes without pictures so I don't know. But most recipes are duds. Most of the web is a dud.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

D'oh! My bad. The site I wanted to recommend is: Fabulousfood.com

Sorry about that!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I like Fine Cooking(there are recipes linked to the main page, but if you go into the forums and use the search function, you can really find some great stuff), and my first internet recipe experience came from Recipezaar.  I still pluck recipes from certain chefs on there.

Fine Cooking has more of the recipes that might appeal here, in RecipeZaar there's far too much of the "mix cream of crap soup with a bucket of velveeta and decorate with Jell-O" kinda stuff. You've got to mine an awful lot of rock to find a few diamonds.

"Fine Cooking has more of the recipes that might appeal here, in RecipeZaar there's far too much of the "mix cream of crap soup with a bucket of velveeta and decorate with Jell-O" kinda stuff. You've got to mine an awful lot of rock to find a few diamonds."

I certainly won't argue with you on that account, but at this point I'm pretty familiar with the more sophisticated chefs. I've just discovered recently that many of them had been (and still do) hang out on Fine Cooking. :cool:

Edited by s'kat (log)

"Fine Cooking has more of the recipes that might appeal here, in RecipeZaar there's far too much of the "mix cream of crap soup with a bucket of velveeta and decorate with Jell-O" kinda stuff. You've got to mine an awful lot of rock to find a few diamonds."

I certainly won't argue with you on that account, but at this point I'm pretty familiar with the more sophisticated chefs.    I've just discovered recently that many of them had been (and still do) hang out on Fine Cooking.  :cool:

Yeah, they see their expeditions to 'Zaar as missionary work!

If you want to mine through a fair amount of well yeah, crap, you can check out the sites listed on Chef2chef. One there that I like is Hub-UK (isn't David a member here?). Not all the sites are for recipes -- Table-hopping with Rosie is there, and eGullet, www.suvir.com, and HollyEats.