• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

Yeah, that's a pretty good price I would say. I think a new Pawkit is like 2500-3000 EUR and this machine is light years better. One thing though; you need to change the sensors in these from time to time. Not sure HOW often though, but you should check how much that would cost you. Also make sure to source a filter that can handle all that you want to measure. Alcohol will influence readings quite a lot - but they have filters for that.

I guess you're in UK based on the pounds - so just find the local Novasina distributor and buy what you need from them.

Rajala

Rajala

Yeah, that's a pretty good price I would say. One thing though; you need to change the sensors in these from time to time. Not sure HOW often though, but you should check how much that would cost you. Also make sure to source a filter that can handle all that you want to measure. Alcohol will influence readings quite a lot - but they have filters for that.

I guess you're in UK based on the pounds - so just find the local Novasina distributor and buy what you need from them.