• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

34 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Perhaps the most interesting take away from the above article is the following:

“The company has in recent years focused on its global snacking portfolio, as sales of U.S. cereals have declined with more Americans taking to snacking and relying on fast-food chains for breakfast.”

The egg McMuffin certainly has a dedicated following and the egg sandwiches from bodegas are beloved as are breakfast burritos from trucks out here. I never did understand being satisfied by a bowl of flakes with cold milk but comfort for many I guess. The cereal aisles here are vast and I asked my niece was it like that in Sydney. She said yes though not so many sugary ones....as she snacked on a bowl of Special K with dried berries before starting her remote work day - and the woman can cook well.  I did not realize the Kellogg snack portfolio was so huge.

heidih

heidih

27 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Perhaps the most interesting take away from the above article is the following:

“The company has in recent years focused on its global snacking portfolio, as sales of U.S. cereals have declined with more Americans taking to snacking and relying on fast-food chains for breakfast.”

The egg McMuffin certainly has a dedicated following and the egg sandwiches from bodegas are beloved as are breakfast burritos from trucks out here. I never did understand being satisfied by a bowl of flakes with cold milk but comfort for many I guess. The cereal aisles here are vast and I asked my niece was it like that in Sydney. She said yes though not so many sugary ones....as she snaked on a bowl of Special K with dried berries before starting her remote work day - and the woman can cook well.  I did not realize the Kellogg snack portfolio was so huge.