• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drink-series pairing

A while ago, I watched Mad Men for the third time. Every time I watch that series, I tend to fix me classic cocktails such as Manhattan, suburban, old fashioned, etcetera, because apparently I can't see a series without wanting to imitate them and I'm too healthy to smoke inside and too righteous to cheat on my wife with my secretary.

Now I'm watching Downton Abbey for the first time and I'm wondering what kind of drink would go along with it. Wine? Gin? Tea? I'm open to suggestions. Also, have you watched a series or a movie that prompted you to drink or eat something specific? What are your favorite drink-series pairing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 9:58 PM, themistocles said:

A while ago, I watched Mad Men for the third time. Every time I watch that series, I tend to fix me classic cocktails such as Manhattan, suburban, old fashioned, etcetera, because apparently I can't see a series without wanting to imitate them and I'm too healthy to smoke inside and too righteous to cheat on my wife with my secretary.

Now I'm watching Downton Abbey for the first time and I'm wondering what kind of drink would go along with it. Wine? Gin? Tea? I'm open to suggestions. Also, have you watched a series or a movie that prompted you to drink or eat something specific? What are your favorite drink-series pairing?

We went through an Italian-American food phase due to viewing The Sopranos