• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

23 hours ago, johnnyd said:

Indeed. One pays for the experience as a whole, not just the menu. That's why Fore Street is Fabulous and I will pay whatever they ask. I don't have the same love for Eventide, but that's just me - doesn't mean it's bad because I don't care for it as do others.

Sheez, Weinoo, you got me all excited to go out in this town again!

I definitely perceive Eventide as a decent place to go for lunch, provided I wouldn't have to wait.

I'm sorry I missed izakaya and his sushi place as well.  When we come back, I'm hoping Portland Hunt & Alpine Club has reopened under its new ownership, because I expect it will be very good.

And if you knew what we have to put up with to go out in this city...

weinoo

weinoo

3 hours ago, johnnyd said:

Indeed. One pays for the experience as a whole, not just the menu. That's why Fore Street is Fabulous and I will pay whatever they ask. I don't have the same love for Eventide, but that's just me - doesn't mean it's bad because I don't care for it as do others.

I definitely perceive Eventide as a decent place to go for lunch, provided I wouldn't have to wait.

I'm sorry I missed izakaya and his sushi place as well.  When we come back, I'm hoping Portland Hunt & Game club has reopened under its new ownership, because I expect it will be very good.

And if you knew what we have to put up with to go out in this city...

weinoo

weinoo

3 hours ago, johnnyd said:

I'm sorry I missed izakaya and his sushi place as well.  When we come back, I'm hoping Portland Hunt & Game club has reopened under its new ownership, because I expect it will be very good.