• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, cteavin said:

I'm not combative. I asserting, and now you're moving the goal posts. 

I have been working out for 30+ years and have been using protein powders -- and other supplements -- at least that long. And for you to come here and falsely peddle misinformation, try to back it up, and then move the goal posts is disrespectful. 

Fact: Steroids are NOT in protein powders.

Fact: Protein powders sometimes have additional additives, most commonly creatine and BCAA.

In India, the source of two of your articles, the manufactures there might add other ingredients to their whey products -- I don't know and your article doesn't open. What I do know is that the author of the previous article was writing outside their ken and mis-labeled something as steroids, so I advise you to find a better source. 

Again, show me ONE product with actual steroids in it. Just one. If you can not do that, then acknowledge you misspoke and close the topic. 

So India doesn't count to you?  Indian products don't end up in other countries?  You write off India just because?

I have plenty of actual experience. And whether or not a quick google will support it, I know for a fact that some whey products have had anabolic steroid adulteration.

now good bye

gfweb

gfweb

I have been working out for 30+ years and have been using protein powders -- and other supplements -- at least that long. And for you to come here and falsely peddle misinformation, try to back it up, and then move the goal posts is disrespectful. 

Fact: Protein powders sometimes have additional additives, most commonly creatine and BCAA.

In India, the source of two of your articles, the manufactures there might add other ingredients to their whey products -- I don't know and your article doesn't open. What I do know is that the author of the previous article was writing outside their ken and mis-labeled something as steroids, so I advise you to find a better source. 

Again, show me ONE product with actual steroids in it. Just one. If you can not do that, then acknowledge you misspoke and close the topic. 

So India doesn't count to you?  Indian products don't end up in other countries?  You write off India just because?

I have plenty of actual experience. And whether or not a quick google will support it, I know for a fact that some whey products have had anabolic steroid adulteration.

Yes you are indeed combative and the goal posts never moved.

"You've been working out for 30 years and taking supplements " is all the authority on the subject you can muster? 

Are your replies roid-rage driven?

Probably.

gfweb

gfweb

Yes you are indeed combative and the goal posts never moved.

"You've been working out for 30 years " is all the authority on the subject you can muster?

Right.

Blocked