• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dupe for Aunt Jemima/Pearl Milling Company ORIGINAL pancake mix?

BooBear

Anyone have a homemade-from-scratch dupe for aunt jemima original pancake mix? I'm overseas rn and can't get the pancake mix. The mix makes not-too-thin & not-too-thick pancakes. It's my favorite pancake mix in the world.

47 minutes ago, AlaMoi said:

The recipes that you posted require pancake mix. I want a recipe for pancakes that uses ingredients from scratch and that taste like box mix.

4 hours ago, BooBear said:

The recipes that you posted require pancake mix. I want a recipe for pancakes that uses ingredients from scratch and that taste like box mix.

You can also check the original ingredients (that are pretty basic), use a standard ratio and take it from there …

INGREDIENTS: ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE.

I‘d start with 200 g flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, tsp baking soda plus a pinch of salt. Process as the original mix.

Edited by Duvel (log)

28 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You can also check the original ingredients (that are pretty basic), use a standard ratio and take it from there …

INGREDIENTS: ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE.

I‘d start with 200 g flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, tsp baking soda plus a pinch of salt. Process as the original mix.

Thanks.