• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

52 minutes ago, JohnT said:

cannot find them offered in our local Chinese restaurants

I'm not surprised. They aren't really a restaurant dish. I don't recall seeing them in a restaurant here in China, either. Most are home made or sold from steamed breakfast   street food snack joints, to go. They are also sold frozen in supermarkets.

I don't have a recipe in English other than the one in my head, sorry.

Also, remember that they come with many different fillings. The ones I make most often contain pork and shiitake, but that's just my preference. Here are just three.

1274989050_baozi3.thumb.jpg.70a0dec5b1473abb2da11c90478330d8.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

30 minutes ago, JohnT said:

cannot find them offered in our local Chinese restaurants

I'm not surprised. They aren't really a restaurant dish. I don't recall seeing them in a restaurant here in China, either. Most are home made or sold from steamed breakfast snack joints to go. They are also sold frozen in supermarkets.

I don't have a recipe in English other than the one in my head, sorry.

Also, remember that they come with many different fillings. The ones I make most often contain pork and shiitake, but that's just my preference.

1274989050_baozi3.thumb.jpg.70a0dec5b1473abb2da11c90478330d8.jpg