• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

D'artagnan Depressingly Acquired by Large Firm

weinoo

I mentioned D'artagnan yesterday, when writing about chickens.

Sadly, yesterday's news was that D'artagnan had been acquired.  The firm (Fortune Int'l.) which acquired it has also been acquired. All owned by some big conglomerate based out of Bahrain, and this is why we can't have nice things.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220331005145/en/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

22 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I read about this.  Arianne is staying on (for now)....

In Mergers & Acquisitions I think they call it the appearance of continuity" (usually a year). 

• 1 year later...

One year later - has anybody noticed any changes? At a quick glance it looks like Arianne is still working for them and the website / offerings look pretty much the same. Which is a good thing, because it's getting harder for me to find duck locally! Whole Foods stopped offering it locally after the pandemic, and my butcher shop has supply issues. So I am looking at placing an order with d'Artagnan!

I think that the offerings have expanded. I won't point to anything specific  but it seems to me that there are more pantry items, exotic meats, charcuterie.

I had a craving for Cassoulet a month or two ago so I ordered the small kit.  everything went smooth and the meal was delicious.

• Like 1