• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Chickens round here are small. I just returned from a local supermarket. All their birds were around 2 lb and that includes feet and heads. Living on my own, that suits me just fine.

I can get slightly larger birds (maybe up to 3 lbs) from the markets, but rarely do.

For soup, I often buy silkie (乌骨鸡 (wū gǔ jī) - black bone chicken) and they are about 2 lb as well.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Chickens round here are small. I just returned from a local supermarket. All their birds were around 2 lb and that includes feet and heads. Living on my own, that suits me just fine.

I can get slight larger birds (maybe up to 3 lbs) from the markets, but rarely do.

For soup, I often buy silkie (乌骨鸡 (wū gǔ jī) - black bone chicken) and they are about 2 lb as well.