• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fast-food cinnamon rolls

BooBear

I haven't had one in years, but I used to love them.  Often at airports they were the best thing on offer.  But I haven't traveled by air or frequented malls in the last 2 years, so I don't know if they are still as good.  I need to have one, though, because I think they are the best "fast food" ones and even better than most bakeries.  

In an enclosed space like a shopping mall or airport I think it is the smell that draws you in and sets your tastebuds up for great expectations. Plus they are large, soft, pillowy - so comfort food. I have never purchased one - just pinched a taste off the kid's. There is a "world's first" Cinnabon food truck in Los Angeles! I'd give one of the copycat recipes a try. 

For me they tend to be overwhelming in terms of size. 

I have never claimed to be a classy eater. Taco Bell has a partnership with Cinnabon. They have these munchkin size little donuts with the icing in the middle. They are complete trash but they are really good. 

isn’t there a thread about PMS? Because I see cinnamon sugar donuts filled with the trashy icing in my near future! 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

For me they tend to be overwhelming in terms of size. 

I've never had an actual Cinnabon and the size is part of the reason.  When I was working at UCLA, there was a Cinnabon-like place called TJ Cinnamons right around the corner from our building and whoever was in charge of getting meeting treats often picked up a tray of the little one-bite buns.  They were so sweet that one bite was plenty for me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I've never had an actual Cinnabon and the size is part of the reason.  When I was working at UCLA, there was a Cinnabon-like place called TJ Cinnamons right around the corner from our building and whoever was in charge of getting meeting treats often picked up a tray of the little one-bite buns.  They were so sweet that one bite was plenty for me.

If the cinnabon is too big you can always reheat leftovers. I find that reheating make the bread super soft and chewy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I never even heard of Cinnabon until Better Call Saul. Plus I've never seen one in northern CA, not that I've looked. But now if I saw one I don't think I would try it because the image of Jimmy McGill working there makes me so sad.

14 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

I never even heard of Cinnabon until Better Call Saul. Plus I've never seen one in northern CA, not that I've looked. But now if I saw one I don't think I would try it because the image of Jimmy McGill working there makes me so sad.

I LOVE Better Call Saul!  What a magnificent cast.  Sorry to see it come to an end.

9 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Rhea Seahorn as Kim Wexler breaks my heart. 

The writers who created 'Mike' and 'Nacho' and 'Charles', as well as 'Slippin' Jimmy' just blow me away!!!