• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are the best Hotel Room Service type cookbooks?

BooBear

I'm not familiar with Hotel Room Service cookbooks.  Most hotels offer room service items off their restaurant menus and there are all sorts of hotel restaurants.  What are your favorite Hotel Room Service cookbooks?  That might also help us understand what you mean by "best"?  Most complete?  Easiest recipes?  Most thoroughly illustrated with photographs?  

• Like 2

If you're new to hotels or professional cooking, maybe something like the Culinary Institute of America's Professional Chef books would be helpful. 

As you noted, room service does not have to be super fancy.  Many people seek comfort & familiarity while traveling, so consider where your guests are coming from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weinoo said:

Seems as if the OP wants to know every "best"  type pf cookbook there is. At this point, I wonder what for?

Perhaps tell us the overall goal of your project, @BooBear.

I'm waiting for the "What's the best 'what's the best cookbook list topic'⁈"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

13 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

Club sandwiches, burgers from frozen patties, chicken tenders? that is what i think of when i think of hotel room service, is that what you mean?

Yeah, those are the types of foods I'm thinking about. Any good cookbooks that highlight those types of comfort foods?