• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

7 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I can only access pasteurized

When you say pasteurized milk, do you mean the milk that is sold in the wax cartons in the store? That is the milk that I am using. It's pasteurized but not the ultra pasteurized that stays good unrefrigerated. I use plain old 2% supermarket milk. It works just fine, just remember to bring it up to between 190 to 200 degrees.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

2 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I can only access pasteurized

When you say pasteurized milk oh, do you mean the milk that is sold in the wax cartons in the store? That is the milk that I am using. It's pasteurized but not the ultra pasteurized that stays good unrefrigerated. I use plain old 2% supermarket milk. It works just fine, just remember to bring it up to between 190 to 200 degrees.