• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello again from the San Francisco Bay Area!

It’s been many years since I’ve checked in in this forum so I have to sign up again. I’m happy to be back! I love both food and wine, as well as saké and coffee. I travel to Europe and Asia occasionally, particularly to France, Japan, Singapore, and the Philippines. I love discovering new places to eat and drink, including foods and cuisines I’ve not tried. So this forum is perfect. Thank you all for welcoming me! Looking forward to share experiences and knowledge with you.

• Like 7

A welcome recommendation for anyone traveling to the Vaucluse area of Provence in France is babet restaurant in the town of Vaison-la-Romain. A modern casual bistro offering elegant refined dishes inspired by Provençal cuisine, paired with a wonderful selection of local natural wines. It’s owned and run by a young couple. When the weather is warm enough it’s great to have a table outside as it has a view of the town square. I enjoyed a refreshing Provence rosé with my meal last time I was there with my wife last August.

A47FFE6F-7931-4104-958E-EDCD32747780.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Alex! Welcome back

So many people on long threads haven't visited this site in years. It's nice to have someone come back. Did you have a different username before?

Anyway, please put up some posts of your travels!