• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

As was earlier noted - so many factors such as time out of cold case, your car or transport mode, your fridge. My fridge is really cold (occasional ice crystals in top shelf yogurt). In my mind, which factors in non sensiocal icky fear - 3 days from purchase. That said I have not puirchased ground beef in many years but stepmother when in town insists on within 2 days or her mind sends her spinning. Butcher dad just rolls his eyes and mutters "you know they have USDA inspectors..." A former bane of his existence - he thought them wildly over cautious.  but they are in charge

heidih

heidih

As was earlier noted - so many factors such as time out of cold case, your car or treansport mode, your fridge. My fridge is really cold (occasional ice crystas in top shelf yogurt). In my mind, which factors in non sensiocal icky fear - 3 days from purchase. That said I have not puirchased ground beef in many years but stepmother when in town insists on within 2 days or her mind sends her spinning. Butcher dad just rolls his eyes and mutters "you know they have USDA inspectors..." A former bane of his existence - he thought them wildly over cautious.  but they are in charge