• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Thanks for posting. I used to go there for Los Angeles long ago. I kniw they had management changes and issues with moderation (like here), but it is a different world. Steven could not have imagined the power of Instagram, Tic Tok, Influencers, and the accompanying drop in content value versus "look at me" versus food interest. Let us enjoy this space while we can and thank those ""behind the sceners" who keep this up with NO adverts - just food love :)

heidih

heidih

Thanks for posting. I used to go there for Los Angeles long ago. I kniw they had management changes and issues with moderation (like here), but it is a different world. Steven could not have imagined the power of Instagram, Tic Toc, Influencers, and the accompanying drop in content value versus "look at me" versus food interest. Let us enjoy this space while we can and thank those ""behind the sceners" who keep this up with NO adverts - just food love :)