• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

No glucose syrup - how to adjust recipe for ganache?

Yoda

I would like to follow a recipe for ganache with white chocolate and korsch liquer.

I don't have any glucose syrup at the moment, but would really like to make this bonbons today.

Is it possible to adjust the ratios so the ganache turns out ok, even if making wihout glucose syrup?

Can I just skip the glucose, or do I have to substitute with something?

In the end isn't glucose only sugar and won't really have an impact on the finished ganache even if I don't include it?

(I'm making them for "home-use" and don't care mich even if it will be stored in the fridge, so I don't have any worries about shelf life)

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I would like to follow a recipe for ganache with white chocolate and korsch liquer.

I don't have any glucose syrup at the moment, but would really like to make this bonbons today.

Is it possible to adjust the ratios so the ganache turns out ok, even if making wihout glucose syrup?

Can I just skip the glucose, or do I have to substitute with something?

In the end isn't glucose only sugar and won't really have an impact on the finished ganache even if I don't include it?

(I'm making them for "home-use" and don't care mich even if it will be stored in the fridge, so I don't have any worries about shelf life)

Thank you!

Just make it without the glucose 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AAQuesada said:

if you have corn syrup you can sub that, it's not exactly the same but close enough for the home i would think. someone correct me if i'm wrong

You are not wrong - it’s just more dilute 

Thank you both! Especially Kerry for a fast reply :)

I didn't have any syrup (it's hard to get the glucose syrup anyway - only in speciality culinary shops, which are rare where I live x)), so I made the ganache without it.

It seemed kind off thin after adding the liqueur so I ended up putting it into the fride after an hour. It firmed up now. I'll have to finish them up tomorrow. Will take them out of the fridge so it comes to room temp and then finally finish by coating in dark chocolate 🤩

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Thank you both! Especially Kerry for a fast reply :)

I didn't have any syrup (it's hard to get the glucose syrup anyway - only in speciality culinary shops, which are rare where I live x)), so I made the ganache without it.

It seemed kind off thin after adding the liqueur so I ended up putting it into the fride after an hour. It firmed up now. I'll have to finish them up tomorrow. Will take them out of the fridge so it comes to room temp and then finally finish by coating in dark chocolate 🤩

If it helps, Modernist Pantry sells powdered glucose with the recipe for making glucose syrup.  Modernist Pantry ships world wide.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

22 hours ago, Yoda said:

May it be a piping ganache?

It is not possible to get the same structure, taste etc ... but you may add 50 units of honey in place of 100 units of glucose syrup for ending up with the same sweetness level of the original recipe.

• Like 1