• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top Chef 2022

gfweb

Restaurant Wars.

Really the first interesting episode to me in this season.

Judges got a little sloshed. Esp Gail. I like Gail.  I like her even more inebriated.

What's his name got sent home for several dopey moves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught up with all the episodes and Last Chance Kitchen. As with last year, it’s been so much more enjoyable without the personality conflicts (real or edit-enhanced) that used to be prominently featured when the chefs were sharing a fancy house. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to see a chef I liked go home last night but it was the right choice.  Down to the final 3.  Is next week's episode the end or is there a grand finale with the top 2?  

The other day, I noticed that Bravo's been putting up short videos of previous contestant Dale Talde cooking recipes from this season's Top Chef episodes.  I'd prefer to see the actual contestants making their dishes but the 2 videos that I've watched still gave me a better idea of the dishes than I got from Top Chef.  The videos are available on YouTube or here on the Bravo website:  Top Recipe

No spoilers here.  

I was looking forward to last night's finale and enjoyed watching.  I could have done without the horseback riding but otherwise, like the rest of the season, it was pretty much all about the food.  No big interpersonal dramatics, real or edit-induced.  I was impressed at the diversity of the panel that shared the finale dinner with the judges:  Alexander Smalls, Bricia Lopez, Gregory Gourdet, Ed Lee.  Thought they all had interesting input and wished I could have heard more from them. 

• Like 2