• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Most people probably think of yaks as being Tibetan, but their habitat stretches much wider. Also parts of China other than Tibet itself are on the Tibetan Plateau, including Qinghai, parts of Yunnan, Gansu and Xinjiang and western SIchuan provinces in west China. Yaks are also found in Inner Mongolia many miles away.

These sausages are yak meat from Sichuan. Apart from the yak meat they also contain chili, Sichuan peppercorn, salt, baijiu (Chinese liquor), chicken seasoning, spices, sugar, MSG, and preservatives in a natural yak intestine casing.

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium (very spicy) and extra spicy (incendiary). These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em (preferably in yak butter ghee). Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.

Recommended storage time after opening vacuum pack: Fridge 3 days; Freezer 180 days. I freeze them, but have never gotten close to 180 days.

644304351_SichuanYakMeatSausages.thumb.jpg.5bafd94dda461e65309c64c70d723dc0.jpg

1445329835_SichuanYakMeatSausages2.thumb.jpg.b5028f97dbcea38295b0eaf8c717f44e.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Most people probably think of yaks as being Tibetan, but their habitat stretches much wider. Also parts of China other than Tibet itself are on the Tibetan Plateau, including Qinghai, parts of Yunnan, Gansu and Xijiang and western SIchuan provinces in west China. Yaks are also found in Inner Mongolia many miles away.

These sausages are yak meat from Sichuan. Apart from the yak meat they also contain chili, Sichuan peppercorn, salt, baijiu (Chinese liquor), chicken seasoning, spices, sugar, MSG, and preservatives in a natural yak intestine casing.

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium (very spicy) and extra spicy (incendiary). These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em (preferably in yak butter ghee). Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.

Recommended storage time after opening vacuum pack: Fridge 3 days; Freezer 180 days. I freeze them, but have never gotten close to 180 days.

1445329835_SichuanYakMeatSausages2.thumb.jpg.b5028f97dbcea38295b0eaf8c717f44e.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Most people probably think of yaks as being Tibetan, but their habitat stretches much wider. Also parts of China other than Tibet itself are on the Tibetan Plateau, including Qinghai, parts of Yunnan, Gansu and Xijiang and western SIchuan provinces in west China. Yaks are also found in Inner Mongolia many miles away.

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium (very spicy) and extra spicy (incendiary). These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em. Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.

liuzhou

liuzhou

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium (very spicy) and extra spicy (incendiary). These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em. Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.

liuzhou

liuzhou

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium and extra spicy. These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em. Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Most people probably think of yaks as being Tibetan, but their habitat stretches much wider. Also parts of China other than Tibet itself are on the Tibetan Plateau, including Qihinghai, parts of Yunnan, Gansu and Xijiang and  western SIchuan provinces in western China. Yaks are also found in Inner Mongolia.

They come in three categories. Lightly spiced (by Sichuan standards that means quite spicy), medium and extra spicy. These are the medium version. The packaging says to wash them and then boil for 25 minutes. I don't do that. I fry 'em. Alternatively I may place some on top of my rice in the rice cooker. They really flavour the rice.