• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Microwave Lemon Curd 

Tropicalsenior

Microwave Lemon Curd 
o4xm-YObqbZfWeLWAwMpLnNA58WVwH3gy0hcjVnK9_wcc6-uWNRshw9PPWI4ImrOZqq4oph_h6xPQ7Bj9ZlYoEMoYgdV9kqEAguSAT1Uirgjc57cPkUJG45PGbX2xsuQRAdeCFBU

"This is a delectable lemon curd recipe with the added attraction of being quick and easy to make. It is particularly useful when entertaining and short on time."

1 cup white sugar 

3 eggs 

1 cup fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons lemons zest

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the microwave, and pour into small sterile jars. Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.

Tip: If you over cook the mixture a little, or forget to stir, you can pass the mixture through a fine sieve to remove the bits of cooked egg.

Note: I have never found this to be necessary it is easier just to not overcook the mixture or to forget to stir.

Edited by Tropicalsenior (log)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

About how much will this make and can I double?  Thank you!!

As I remember, it makes about 2 cups. I've never tried to double it and I think that the cook time would be enough longer that it would be easier just to make a double batch.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used your recipe for a filling in a cake I made for my daughter's engagement party. It has now been requested that this be a filling in her wedding cake. Your recipe will live on in many of our family's happiest memories. Thank you for sharing it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Thank you for sharing this. It makes me very happy to be just small part of your daughter's wedding. Best wishes to her for a beautiful day and a wonderful life.

When my daughter inquired about the recipe and I told her that it was from a woman who lives in Costa Rica, she thought that that was a wonderful story - and it is!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1