• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

29 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I tried - and didn't really succeed - to describe what it's like to belong to this group

Oh, tell me about it. My friends and family just do not understand how an online group can become true friends if you don't ever see each other. I tried to describe the support, the humor, the shared interests and the wealth of knowledge that this forum represents and other people just don't understand. Those that only use the other social platforms can't imagine one like this with never a bad word or snide criticism of other members. That's why I like to start topics like this, to get to know all of you better.

Yvonne

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

27 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I tried - and didn't really succeed - to describe what it's like to belong to this group

Oh, tell me about it. My friends and family just do not understand how an online group can become true friends if you don't ever see each other. I tried to describe the support, the humor, the shared interests and the wealth of knowledge that this forum represents and other people just don't understand. Those that only use the other social platforms can't imagine one like this with never a bad word or snide criticism of other members. That's why I like to start topics like this, to get know all of you better.

Yvonne

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

24 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Oh, tell me about it. My friends and family just do not understand how an online group can become true friends if you don't ever see each other. I tried to describe the support, the humor, the shared interests and the wealth of knowledge that this forum represents and other people just don't understand. Those that only use the other social platforms can't imagine one like this with never a bad word or snide criticism of other members. That's why I like to start topics like this to get to better know you all.

Yvonne

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

14 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Oh, tell me about it. My friends and family just do not understand how an online group can become true friends if you don't ever see each other. I tried to describe the support, the humor, the shared interests and the wealth of knowledge that this forum represents and other people just don't understand. Those that only use the other social platforms can't imagine one like this with never a bad word or snide criticism of other members. That's why I like to start topics like this to get to better know you all.