• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

What size of bottle are you all talking about?

Lea and Perrins comes in various sizes ranging from 150ml to 4 litre bottles. So one bottle a year doesn't really mean much.

Thanks to @Dariennefor pointing out the correct pronunciation! I cringe when I hear 95% of people on  YouTube or television programs mangle their mouths trying to pronounce it incorrectly!

Perhaps surprisingly, 'Wooster' sauce became very popular in China during colonial times, especially in foreign controlled Shanghai. This prompted local companies to recreate it. I regularly buy the main leading brand. It is indistinguishable from L&P's version. It comes in 630ml bottles and I get through about one a year. I can also get the original.

467825811_ShanghaiWorcestershireSAuce.thumb.jpg.4e85043f94b194a7fed7de11476d4291.jpg

Apart from more normal uses, I also use it on scrambled eggs!

liuzhou

liuzhou

What size of bottle are you all talking about?

Lea and Perrins comes in various sizes ranging from 150ml to 4 litre bottles. So one bottle a year doesn't really mean much.

Thanks to @Dariennefor pointing out the correct pronunciation! I cringe when I hear 95% of people on  YouTube or television programs mangle their mouths trying to pronounce it!

Perhaps surprisingly, 'Wooster' sauce became very popular in China during colonial times, especially in foreign controlled Shanghai. This prompted local companies to recreate it. I regularly buy the main leading brand. It is indistinguishable from L&P's version. It comes in 630ml bottles and I get through about one a year. I can also get the original.

467825811_ShanghaiWorcestershireSAuce.thumb.jpg.4e85043f94b194a7fed7de11476d4291.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

What size of bottle are you all talking about? Lea and Perrins comes in various sizes ranging from 150ml to 4 litre bottles. So onebottle a year doesn't really mean much.

Thanks to @Dariennefor pointing out the correct pronunciation! I cringe when I hear 95% of people on  YouTube or television programs mangle their mouths trying to pronounce it!