• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Venice, FL

Welcome! Are you a commercial fisherman, or do you do it for your own fun only? I stayed near Venice once and loved the Gulf, but don't remember much about the fish that were available. What's a standard catch, and how do you like to cook it?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hello, @Hooking and Cooking and welcome to eGullet.  I'm familiar with Venice.  My mom and stepdad lived in Englewood and my dad and stepmom lived in Sarasota.  Any trip down there involved going to Venice for a nice dinner and lots of interesting food shopping along Tamiami Trail - including the European Deli.  One set has passed on and the other set has moved back up to VA, so I miss those trips!  I'm very much looking forward to your posts, as seafood is a favorite of mine.