• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bernie

Bernie

added a word to make sense

In keeping with the topic (food for the superbowl?)...

I watch a lot of games and love the spectacle and the subtleties of the game. But I have not grown up with it and only make token efforts to make it a special occasion event.

The super bowl has become a spectacle in its own right and it seems to me they also play football as well..

So..

In keeping with the need to do something to mark the occasion I thought long and hard as to what to do

Well the only thing I could come up with was to change from single malt whiskey to bourbon on my breakfast cornflakes.

(only for the one day you understand 😁)

I rather like the Bengals but I  would have liked some of the exciting quarterbacks that didn't make it

Bernie

Bernie

In keeping with the topic (food for the superbowl?)...

I watch a lot of games and love the spectacle and the subtleties of the game. But I have not grown up with it and only make token efforts to make it a special occasion event.

The super bowl has become a spectacle in its own right and it seems to me they also play football as well..

So..

In keeping with the need to do something to mark the occasion I thought long and hard as to what to do

Well the only thing I could come up with was to change from single malt whiskey to bourbon on my breakfast cornflakes.

(only for the one day you understand 😁)

I rather like the Bengals but I  would have liked of the exciting quarterbacks that didn't make it