• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ThisIsEarls

ThisIsEarls

added a picture

10 minutes ago, TdeV said:

I've never heard of sisig! @ThisIsEarls, you're sure to find an appreciative readership here. And many of the folks here are very clever. So, it could be a win for everyone. Welcome.

i came to the right place then 😊

sisig is pork. i think it started with the ears alone which were boiled in a broth, grilled, chopped into small pieces, add some pork liver, tossed with some siling labuyo/or a chili like birds eye as well as the long green chilis, onions and calamansi/lime. then served on a piping hot cast iron sizzling plate. i came from the US but sisig is something i crave alot. nowadays its available from almost any bar or resto, from low to high end they all have their own versions. some use pork face or mask, some use pork belly, some hold the liver, some add mayo and it cooks on the sizzling plate, some add egg. so its just gone so far from pork ears, people even use different meats fish etc.

Screenshot_20220205-230457_Samsung Internet.jpg

ThisIsEarls

ThisIsEarls

1 minute ago, TdeV said:

I've never heard of sisig! @ThisIsEarls, you're sure to find an appreciative readership here. And many of the folks here are very clever. So, it could be a win for everyone. Welcome.

i came to the right place then 😊

sisig is pork. i think it started with the ears alone which were boiled in a broth, grilled, chopped into small pieces, add some pork liver, tossed with some siling labuyo/or a chili like birds eye as well as the long green chilis, onions and calamansi/lime. then served on a piping hot cast iron sizzling plate. i came from the US but sisig is something i crave alot. nowadays its available from almost any bar or resto, from low to high end they all have their own versions. some use pork face or mask, some use pork belly, some hold the liver, some add mayo and it cooks on the sizzling plate, some add egg. so its just gone so far from pork ears, people even use different meats fish etc.