• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

Welcome to eG and the exciting world of chocolate. 

Allow 1 day in the fridge to thaw frozen bonbons before bringing them to room temp.  I store bulk pieces in rigid Ziploc boxes with layers of padding in between and boxed assortments in 2 gallon freezer bags with excess air sucked out.

Packaging is a whole job in itself and there is a topic dedicated to packaging sources.  The supply chain issues of late have affected candy packaging, many paper and plastic items have been in short supply and prices have increased.  Packaging options can seem overwhelming. I'd say focus on a snug fit and not too tall for whatever size mold you choose, if you plan to mail/ship things you don't want them rattling around in the box.  After that it's how much you want to spend and what you can actually get.

Have you already bought your molds?  Maybe someone here uses the same and can advise.  I use a lot of CW2295, a nice basic dome that's easy to clean.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

Welcome to eG and the exciting world of chocolate. 

Allow 1 day in the fridge to thaw frozen bonbons before bringing them to room temp.  I store bulk pieces in rigid Ziploc boxes with layers of padding in between and boxed assortments in 2 gallon freezer bags with excess air sucked out.

Packaging is a whole job in itself and there is a topic dedicated to packaging sources.  The supply chain issues of late have affected candy packaging, many paper and plastic items have been in short supply and prices have increased.  Packaging options can seem overwhelming. I'd say focus on a snug fit and not too tall for whatever size mold you choose, if you plan to mail/ship things you don't want them rattling around in the box.  After that it's how much you want to spend and what you can actually get.