• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Bisquik

Darienne

Has anyone tried this gluten-free product?   And more to the point, does anyone know which Ontario grocery stores might carry it?  Ed has tried a few Peterborough grocery stores with no luck so far.  

(Yes, I'm living gluten-free in the hopes it might help with the Lyme disease.  And while I'm fine making most gluten-free dishes, I thought I'd like to try the gluten-free Bisquik product.  Haven't used Bisquik for 61 years, ever since I discovered that I could make biscuits on my own.)

Or any other gluten-free quick bread/biscuit for that matter.  

Thanks.

Added:  Head Office in Superstore  said they are out of stock.  

Edited by Darienne (log)
  • Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

I just looked on the Betty Crocker site and there are 8 different ones.  I'm assuming you are looking for the one labeled gluten free?

Good heavens.  Yes.  Duh.  That was my whole point.  Thanks.

• Haha 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

32 minutes ago, kayb said:

If any of your supermarkets have the Pamela’s brand gf baking mixes, they’re decent. Sadly, nothing is as good as plain old wheat flour.

Found Pamela's gf products at a local health food store.  Might go and look at them next week.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

9 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Darienne  I was at Farm Boy today and they have Bob's Red Mill Biscuit and Baking Mix.  They have a store on Lansdowne Road.  Maybe see if they carry it?

One small problem here, Elsie.  The Farm Boy you go to may not be the same Farm Boy as the one in Peterborough which is not part of the Farm Boy chain.  We've been to the Farm Boy in Kingston and it's a lovely big store.  The Peterborough Farm Boy is definitely not big or lovely.  However, I know of some stores which do carry Bob's Red Mill this and that.  I'll check it out.  I'm just not ready to face making my own flour mixes at this point.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

6 minutes ago, Darienne said:

One small problem here, Elsie.  The Farm Boy you go to may not be the same Farm Boy as the one in Peterborough which is not part of the Farm Boy chain.  We've been to the Farm Boy in Kingston and it's a lovely big store.  The Peterborough Farm Boy is definitely not big or lovely.  However, I know of some stores which do carry Bob's Red Mill this and that.  I'll check it out.  I'm just not ready to face making my own flour mixes at this point.

You are right, and I think you mentioned that before.  Sorry.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw this.

If there's a Sobeys anywhere within range, they stock the GF Bisquick in their natural/health foods section. Of course, your Superstore may now have it back in stock as well.

• Thanks 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Just saw this as well - heard good things about this mix, want to grab one and try it for my kiddos (one has Celiac).

I can second Bob's red mill products, their cornbread is excellent (GF).

Will have to check out the Sobeys in the area....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Just saw this as well - heard good things about this mix, want to grab one and try it for my kiddos (one has Celiac).

I can second Bob's red mill products, their cornbread is excellent (GF).

Will have to check out the Sobeys in the area....

OK.  I'll get the cornbread mix also.   Ed does all the grocery now so I have to put it on the list.

3 hours ago, chromedome said:

Just saw this.

If there's a Sobeys anywhere within range, they stock the GF Bisquick in their natural/health foods section. Of course, your Superstore may now have it back in stock as well.

Thanks CD.  He can go there this coming week. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

52 minutes ago, Darienne said:

OK.  I'll get the cornbread mix also.   Ed does all the grocery now so I have to put it on the list.

Thanks CD.  He can go there this coming week. 

Might I suggest also adding some grated cheese to the mixture (I also did one rendition with smoked jalapenos)

• Thanks 1