• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

13 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I vaguely remember seeing them here once, then they disappeared days later. But hey, I'm a guy who only likes one flavour of crisps (not chips ffs) - a flavour that becomes harder and harder to find!

Potato flavour!

I think the craze started in mid 2018, and by the beginning of 2019 the major (again Singaporean) brand had a dedicated outlet for their 3 (three !) duck egg yolk flavored products (potatoes crisps, fish skin and shrimp heads) in the most expensive mall in HK. Imagine a shop for potato crisps nestled in between Prada and Apple. I left in 2019 - I should ask whether they are still there …

Duvel

Duvel

1 minute ago, liuzhou said:

I vaguely remember seeing them here once, then they disappeared days later. But hey, I'm a guy who only likes one flavour of crisps (not chips ffs) - a flavour that becomes harder and harder to find!

Potato flavour!

I think the craze started in mid 2018, and by the beginning of 2019 the major (again Singaporean) brand had a dedicated out let for their 3 (three !) duck egg yolk flavored products (potatoes crisps, fish skin and shrimp heads) in the most expensive mall in HK. Imagine a shop for potato crisps nestled in between Prada and Apple. I left in 2019 - I should ask whether they are still there …