• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Student research project survey: The Ultimate Foodie

nmcin002

Hi. Are you a foodie and love to travel? I would love a few minutes of your time to answer this survey.

I'm a UX design student hoping to gain some insight into how culinary travelers plan their trips, what is the motivation behind food-specific travels and what are some difficulties travelers faced when planning these types of trips.

Thank you so much for your time.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9fV0bSoFHK9uDUp1vv_UAjT8yzgrzr-pM5TyuWT5M3sf0Lg/formResponse

16 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Whats UX?

User experience, ie interface design.

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

@chromedome Thank you. 

@gfwebYes, User Experience. It's the understanding of how users interact with and experience a product, system or service. The idea is to give users what they want versus what we think they want. This is really putting UX in a [box], but a huge part of it is research. 

Interface Design - User Interface (UI) is the looks/style of a product. 

2 hours ago, Kerala said:

I clicked on to answer some questions about my habits, but found questions about my identity.

Hi - The first section is basic demographic information. The next section has the food and travel specific questions. I tried to keep it as general as possible. None of the questions are *required to be answered before moving on to the next section. This information helps my research, but I understand if you are not comfortable.

I don't ask for names or email addresses or any identifying information. When I get the results of the surveys, I have no clue who supplied the information. 

• Like 1