• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

I listened to an interview with Naomi on CBC this morning. Although I could never justify purchasing her book to cook from since I do so little of that these days, I don’t think I will be able to  resist  buying the Kindle edition for the pleasure of reading it. It would be the most expensive Kindle book I have ever purchased!

I don’t think she makes a great interview subject in terms of her ability to think on her feet but she was intriguing. 
She mentioned two or three recipes that had captured her imagination when she was writing the book. 
The one that had me most intrigued was an Acadian recipe for salted green onions to be used as a condiment or seasoning.
The other one that had apparently changed her cooking life was shio koji, Japanese fermented rice.  
The publication date was pushed back and is now slated for tomorrow I believe. 

Is this version of salted green onions of any use?

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

I listened to an interview with Naomi on CBC this morning. Although I could never justify purchasing her book to cook from since I do so little of that these days, I don’t think I will be able to  resist  buying the Kindle edition for the pleasure of reading it. It would be the most expensive Kindle book I have ever purchased!

I don’t think she makes a great interview subject in terms of her ability to think on her feet but she was intriguing. 
She mentioned two or three recipes that had captured her imagination when she was writing the book. 
The one that had me most intrigued was an Acadian recipe for salted green onions to be used as a condiment or seasoning.
The other one that had apparently changed her cooking life was shio koji, Japanese fermented rice.  
The publication date was pushed back and is now slated for tomorrow I believe. 

Is this version of salter green onions of any use?