• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

I must be in the minority here. The older I get the more my goals for meals change. If I'm going to take the trouble to cook something that appeals I want to come out the other side with.a LARGE one dish meal that can be eaten for days or frozen for later. I don't want to cook every meal, every day. Leftovers are my religion. Red beans and rice three days in a row? Fine with me. Baking? I want a big loaf or pie that I can hack away at or slice and toast for days to come. Baking one cookie at a time. What if it turns out to be a really good cookie? Don't you want another? 

Is there a recipe for one deviled egg?  The carbon footprint for this type of cooking isn't negligible. Heat your oven for twenty minutes. Bake one cookie. It just sounds nutty.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

I must be in the minority here. The older I get the more my goals for meals change. If I'm going to take the trouble to cook something that appeals I want to come out the other side with.a LARGE one dish meal that can be eaten for days or frozen for later. I don't want to cook every meal, every day. Leftovers are my religion. Red beans and rice three days in a row? Fine with me. Baking? I want a big loaf or pie that I can hack away at or slice and toast for days to come. Baking one cookie at a time. What if it turns out to be a really good cookie? Don't you want another?