• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

COVER_Intermission_2.jpg

Wow - I am very impressed and even more happy with all the submissions we’ve had already in this Cook-Off. I know for certain that quite some members working behind the scenes on “their” wings, so we will be seeing more exciting versions in the upcoming weeks 🥳 …

One thing that I found very interesting is that so far we haven’t had any “classic” hot wings (if that label exists) and no discussion on the topic of hot sauces / butter / you name it that goes on these. Maybe that’s just my personal curiosity and for you it’s more of a standard item (or am I being biased here) ? After all, how many food items have spawned an entire talkshow, running now for 17 seasons:

(other than Gordon’s wimpy performance here, check out Padma’s take on it or the episode with Will Ferrell)

So - how do you prepare & serve your classic hot wings ?

Duvel

Duvel

COVER_Intermission_2.jpg

Wow - I am very impressed and even more happy with all the submissions we’ve had already in this Cook-Off. I know for certain that quite some members working behind the scenes on “their” wings, so we will be seeing more exciting versions in the upcoming weeks 🥳 …

One thing that I found very interesting is that so far we haven’t had any “classic” hot wings (if that label exists) and no discussion on the topic of hot sauces / butter / you name it that goes on these. Maybe that’s just my personal curiosity and for you it’s more of a standard item (or am I being biased here) ? After all, how many food items have spawned an entire talkshow, running now for 17 seasons:

(other than Gordon’s wimpy performance here, check out Padma’s take on it or the episode with Will Ferrel)

Duvel

Duvel

COVER_Intermission_2.jpg

Wow - I am very impressed and even more happy with all the submissions we’ve had already in this Cook-Off. I know for certain that quite some members working behind the scenes on “their” wings, so we will be seeing more exciting version in the upcoming weeks 🥳 …

(other than Gordon’s wimpy performance here, check out Padma’s take on it or the episode with Will Ferrel)