• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

That would be a very desirable goal for me as well - something along the lines of marinating, coating in Wondra and then frying before being sauced ?

I know that Korean fried chicken gets two or three rounds in hot oil with some "steaming out" time in between (at least that's what I have been told on my trips to the local ChiMeks in Korea), and it usually stays crisp for quite in while despite being sauced. That might be another option for those who can't obtain Wondra (such as myself). I'll give it a go and report back ...

I use Wondra so much for thickening sauces. No need to screw with a roux.

You could have Wondra sent by a friend...

gfweb

gfweb

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

That would be a very desirable goal for me as well - something along the lines of marinating, coating in Wondra and then frying before being sauced ?

I know that Korean fried chicken gets two or three rounds in hot oil with some "steaming out" time in between (at least that's what I have been told on my trips to the local ChiMeks in Korea), and it usually stays crisp for quite in while despite being sauced. That might be another option for those who can't obtain Wondra (such as myself). I'll give it a go and report back ...

You could have Wondra sent by a friend...