• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Mass

Lauren S.

Hi! I am a professional pastry chef living in the greater Boston area.  Currently developing new and exciting cannabis edibles, mostly chocolate and confectionary, as an R&D Scientist at a cannabis company. Here to learn, discuss, and get great insight into large artisan chocolate production.

Hi @Lauren S.!  Welcome to eGullet.  I have a friend in Sudbury and have been wanting to visit the Boston area for years!  Maybe after all this crap is over!  I know you'll find lots of chocolate production information and kindred spirits here.  Looking forward to your contributions!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Hi @Lauren S.!  Welcome to eGullet.  I have a friend in Sudbury and have been wanting to visit the Boston area for years!  Maybe after all this crap is over!  I know you'll find lots of chocolate production information and kindred spirits here.  Looking forward to your contributions!

It is a great place, I worked in Sudbury, it is a beautiful and cute town! I am relatively well versed in lamination, pastry, confections, etc.  I have been a long time eGullet stalker and finally (don't know why I didn't sooner) joined the community to contribute

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lauren S. said:

I have been a long time eGullet stalker and finally (don't know why I didn't sooner) joined the community to contribute

Maybe your new job has made you more mellow 😉.

As a New Yorker waiting for our dispensaries to open (and waiting, and waiting), I will say that the products being produced in Massachusetts are very nice, in my experience.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

Maybe your new job has made you more mellow 😉.

As a New Yorker waiting for our dispensaries to open (and waiting, and waiting), I will say that the products being produced in Massachusetts are very nice, in my experience.

Nope, still a perfectionist at work, but definitely more mellow at home, lol.  I know NY is digging their heels in on recreational regulations.  If you see any products branded Matter. - it is possible our team worked on it (we have multiple teams). Our dispensaries are Verilife

• Like 1