• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP member Toliver

heidih

He will certainly be missed by me.  I loved his posts - he was so positive and friendly.  Still reeling from David Ross and now Toliver.  Crap year.  Love and hugs to everyone.  I'll tell you all now that you have no idea how much you all mean to me - both eGullet and you as individuals.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

Love and hugs to everyone.  I'll tell you all now that you have no idea how much you all mean to me - both eGullet and you as individuals.  

He is probably one of the main reasons that I am still on eGullet. I just joined to get information on the IP but the further I got down the rabbit hole more that I knew that I wanted to stay. After a few boneheaded starts, the likes and the laughs that I got from Tim encouraged me to continue.

Kim's comments hit home because that is exactly the way that I feel. This has become like my second family.

The second thing that makes me sad is the fact that when one of our members stops posting, so many times we just have to wonder whether they're still with us or not.

I'm not exactly in my Prime so I'm trying to talk my grandson into joining The Forum so that when I shuffle off you'll know that I've got a darn good reason for not posting.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

This is like a punch in the gut!

He was a great guy!

Think of all the time he spent posting in the ebook thread!

His passing leaves a hole!

You won't be forgotten, Tim! RIP!

• Like 7

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Sad to learn of Tim’s passing. Like others, I blame, er, credit him for helping me buy so many e-cookbooks. I’ll think of him whenever one is opened.
May his memory be a blessing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...