• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Well, we at the Shook house all tested positive for COVID at some point over the weekend.  We are up and down over an hourly basis, but all on various medications and trying our best to be patient with one another and help where we can!  On Sunday (after Jessica tested positive, but before Mr. Kim and I did) I was hungry for a very specific thing at lunchtime – I wanted ham and Swiss on rye with ballpark mustard.  Mr. Kim gloved and masked up and picked this up for me at our local deli:

1-IMG_1389.jpg.38d2c884416027294aef8e36cce2e9a0.jpg

That half sandwich was all I ate all day.  I started feeling awful and tested positive for COVID that night.  I have no idea what Mr. Kim ate all day. 

Mr. Kim and I picked at this today:

1-IMG_1398.jpg.7c1d9c74cca70c1a9838999ccaad9ff1.jpg

Supermarket Cheddar, butter, leftover shrimp, a sleeve of saltines, and cocktail sauce (for the shrimp and the cheese).

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Well, we at the Shook house all tested positive for COVID at some point over the weekend.  We are up and down over an hourly basis, but all on various medications and trying our best to be patient with one another and help where we can!  On Sunday (after Jessica tested positive, but before Mr. Kim and I did) I was hungry for a very specific thing at lunchtime – I wanted ham and Swiss on rye with ballpark mustard.  Mr. Kim gloved and masked up and picked this up for me at our local deli:

1-IMG_1389.jpg.38d2c884416027294aef8e36cce2e9a0.jpg

That half sandwich was all I ate all day.  I started feeling awful and tested positive for COVID that night.  I have no idea what Mr. Kim ate all day.