• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

46 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have some frozen pork dumplings in the freezer, purchased on a whim and because they were on sale.  I have never before purchased nor prepared frozen dumplings?  Suggestions?

I presume you mean jiaozi dumplings. 饺子 or 餃子 depending on which script the manufacturers use. 

If so, simple. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add frozen dumplings. The water will immedaitely come off the boil. Take a cup or rice bowl of cold water and add to the pan. Bring back to the boil. Repeat twice. The ddumplings should be floating and ready to eat. Drain and serve with a soy and vinegar dip or dip of your preference.

Alternatively, they can be served in soup or fried as potstickers.

liuzhou

liuzhou

41 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have some frozen pork dumplings in the freezer, purchased on a whim and because they were on sale.  I have never before purchased nor prepared frozen dumplings?  Suggestions?

I presume you mean jiaozi dumplings. 饺子 or 餃子 depending on which script the manufacturers use. 

If so, simple. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add frozen dumplings. The water will immedaitely come off the boil. Take a cup or rice bowl of cold water and add to the pan. Bring back to the boil. Repeat twice. The ddumplings should be floating and ready to eat. Drain and serve with a soy and vinegar dip or dip of your preference.