• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@blue_dolphin – I’ve saved the recipe for the sweet potatoes.  Mr. Kim and Jessica will love them, I think.  It looks to me that you used pepitas rather than peanuts.  Is that right?  Yours looks better than the original!

Tuesday:

1-IMG_1266.jpg.71fb97d68f9a7ef5e9a3c40217c8f4f2.jpg

Bologna and cheese on toast w/ pretzels.

Yesterday Jessica and I went over to Staunton VA to pick up some of @Jim D.'s gorgeous chocolates that my MIL had ordered.  We had lunch at Wright’s (same place as our last Staunton trip – a classic 1950s burger and soda fountain place):

1-IMG_1287.jpg.08269eea9a79feb844739bc0ebc618e1.jpg

I was the one who went rogue and got the fish sandwich and it was surprisingly good.  The chili needed more seasoning but tasted homemade.  I forgot I’m not supposed to eat chili. The standout was, of course, the onion rings which I would drive to Staunton to get once a week. 

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@blue_dolphin – I’ve saved the recipe for the sweet potatoes.  Mr. Kim and Jessica will love them, I think.  It looks to me that you used pepitas rather than peanuts.  Is that right?  Yours looks better than the original!

Tuesday:

1-IMG_1266.jpg.71fb97d68f9a7ef5e9a3c40217c8f4f2.jpg

Bologna and cheese on toast w/ pretzels.

Yesterday Jessica and I went over to Staunton VA to pick up some of Jim D.’s gorgeous chocolates that my MIL had ordered.  We had lunch at Wright’s (same place as our last Staunton trip – a classic 1950s burger and soda fountain place):

1-IMG_1287.jpg.08269eea9a79feb844739bc0ebc618e1.jpg

I was the one who went rogue and got the fish sandwich and it was surprisingly good.  The chili needed more seasoning but tasted homemade.  I forgot I’m not supposed to eat chili. The standout was, of course, the onion rings which I would drive to Staunton to get once a week.