• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

johnnyd

johnnyd

I had some red curry/coconut milk sauce leftover from the snapper dish a few days ago, so, shrimp this time.  I also used a vegetable I'd never seen before that I bought at Saturday's farmer's market - I've forgotten the name of it.

It's stuck to the bowl on the upper left, and a smaller coin at center. It's very tender after simmering, tastes nice but non-descript. It might be a tuber; the seller said the leaves are more bitter than the bulb, which I peeled before slicing into coins and added it to the simmer. She said it reminded her of water chestnut but without the apply texture. This was very soft like a zucchini.

IMG_20220629_144119514~2.jpg

johnnyd

johnnyd

I had some red curry/coconut milk sauce leftover from a few days ago, only with shrimp this time.  I also used a vegetable I'd never seen before that I bought at Saturday's farmer's market - I've forgotten the name of it.

It's stuck to the bowl on the upper left, and a smaller coin at center. It's very tender after simmering, tastes nice but non-descript. It might be a tuber; the seller said the leaves are more bitter than the bulb, which I peeled before slicing into coins and added it to the simmer. She said it reminded her of water chestnut but without the apply texture. This was very soft like a zucchini.

IMG_20220629_144119514~2.jpg