• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Winery tasting room serving simple food is an easy 5 minute walk from my lodging.

UoGuvqx.jpg

Local/regional game (I think most probably wild boar) plate. Coarse Leberwurst, salami, terrine,

mOb5vod.jpg

Game terrine. Need more gherkins (I eat them a lot at home).

jzh37vh.jpg

Coarse game Leberwurst

KwlK5Hp.jpg

42Sj9xq.jpg

Game Bratwurst with cripsy fried Speck and potatoes

L2WfHV8.jpg

Slate is everywhere here. This is one of the reasons Mosel Riesling tastes so good and dry.

BkYGsz7.jpg

In Riesling paradise

gGJHhAW.jpg

IWSqVkr.jpg

Views from my table

dizwOEI.jpg

On the way back to the lodging

7 in a perfectly straight row

I'm based in this twin village on the banks of the Mosel. The 2 villages are connected by a bridge.

Local wildlife

We sat here. Want to have a picnic at this very spot one of these days. Saw (female) locals watch sunset with beer in hands here which gave me the picnic idea.. The Mosel river.

Thanks for going to France, Italy, Australia, NZ etc! One of the most beautiful vineyard valleys in the world and I'm here, again (last time I stayed in the impossibly pretty village called Bremm). See how the Mosel twists and turns much of the way. There are many twin villages and towns on both sides, connected by bridges. The most popular biking and hiking route is from either Trier or Koblenz. The Middle Mosel valley is extremely popular with domestic holidaymakers and tourists from neighbouring countries, and Brits. They all arrive from mid June and it's heaving until October. If you don't book accommodation way in advance then there's absolutely no chance in high season. It's the Santorini of Germany.

BonVivant

BonVivant

Winery tasting room serving simple food served is an easy 5 minute walk from my lodging.

UoGuvqx.jpg

Local/regional game (I think most probably wild boar) plate. Coarse Leberwurst, salami, terrine,

mOb5vod.jpg

jzh37vh.jpg

Coarse game Leberwurst

KwlK5Hp.jpg

42Sj9xq.jpg

L2WfHV8.jpg

Slate is everywhere here. This is one of the reasons Mosel Riesling tastes so good and dry.

BkYGsz7.jpg

In Riesling paradise

gGJHhAW.jpg

IWSqVkr.jpg

Views from my table

dizwOEI.jpg

I'm based in this twin village on the banks of the Mosel. The 2 villages are connected by a bridge.

Local wildlife

We sat here. Want to have a picnic at this very spot one of these days. Saw (female) locals watch sunset with beer in hands here which gave me the picnic idea.. The Mosel river.

Thanks for going to France, Italy, Australia, NZ etc! One of the most beautiful vineyard valleys in the world and I'm here, again (last time I stayed in the impossibly pretty village called Bremm). See how the Mosel twists and turns much of the way. There are many twin villages and towns on both sides, connected by bridges. The most popular biking and hiking route is from either Trier or Koblenz. The Middle Mosel valley is extremely popular with domestic holidaymakers and tourists from neighbouring countries, and Brits. They all arrive from mid June and it's heaving until October. If you don't book accommodation way in advance then there's absolutely no chance in high season. It's the Santorini of Germany.

BonVivant

BonVivant

Winery tasting room with simple food served is an easy 5 minute walk from my lodging.

UoGuvqx.jpg

mOb5vod.jpg

jzh37vh.jpg

Coarse game Leberwurst

KwlK5Hp.jpg

42Sj9xq.jpg

L2WfHV8.jpg

BkYGsz7.jpg

In Riesling paradise

gGJHhAW.jpg

IWSqVkr.jpg

Views from my table

dizwOEI.jpg

Local wildlife