• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 6/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, rotuts said:

@Kim Shook 

nice ref. to Neese's

seeing all that stuff Id like , and can't get ...

drunk.jpeg.7d36ef06a41d12be531890388f165cc6.jpeg

JimmyDean for me seemed to fatty

I use Jones , in the roll

I completely agree :  sage is a requirement for breakfast sausage

and sausage you put in Stuffing.

I don't know the difference between ' Souse ' and ' Scrapple '

seems Souse  does not have corn/wheat fillers 

i.e. cardboard.  love to try it some day.

have you tried Souse ?

I haven't ever tried the Jones roll of sausage - I've added it to my shopping list and will try it next week.  I grew up on the Jones link sausages (the raw ones, not the precooked ones) but they are impossible to find, at least in my area.  I have never tried souse.  I'm ashamed to say that the look of it gives me the shivers.  My granddaddy used to eat it - cold.  Gave me the horrors as a child.  Scrapple, on the other hand, seems normal and is something I want to try.  We are planning to go to Philadelphia at some point in our future and I was saving my first taste of scrapple for Reading Market!

This morning:

1-IMG_9532.jpg.fe2fddc5ed849f9f830e08043ae390f0.jpg

English muffin – butter and strawberry preserves, and some pre-cooked Jimmy Dean sausage.  As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before this sausage was a winner on one of the ATK tastings and I actually like it a lot.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 6/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, rotuts said:

@Kim Shook 

nice ref. to Neese's

seeing all that stuff Id like , and can't get ...

drunk.jpeg.7d36ef06a41d12be531890388f165cc6.jpeg

JimmyDean for me seemed to fatty

I use Jones , in the roll

I completely agree :  sage is a requirement for breakfast sausage

and sausage you put in Stuffing.

I don't know the difference between ' Souse ' and ' Scrapple '

seems Souse  does not have corn/wheat fillers 

i.e. cardboard.  love to try it some day.

have you tried Souse ?

I haven't ever tried the Jones roll of sausage - I've added it to my shopping list and will try it next week.  I grew up on the Jones link sausages (the raw ones, but the precooked ones) but they are impossible to find, at least in my area.  I have never tried souse.  I'm ashamed to say that the look of it gives me the shivers.  My granddaddy used to eat it - cold.  Gave me the horrors as a child.  Scrapple, on the other hand, seems normal and is something I want to try.  We are planning to go to Philadelphia at some point in our future and I was saving my first taste of scrapple for Reading Market!

This morning:

1-IMG_9532.jpg.fe2fddc5ed849f9f830e08043ae390f0.jpg

English muffin – butter and strawberry preserves, and some pre-cooked Jimmy Dean sausage.  As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before this sausage was a winner on one of the ATK tastings and I actually like it a lot.