• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

formatting

Yesterday's first meal was a bit late.  Almost 11 by the time I stopped dillydallying and cooked Marcella Hazan's chicken liver sauce for pasta.  The recipe is from her Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking and is available online at this link. Not a looker but really good. 

C1F2C8DF-094B-4110-A86C-02DCFABABB62_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.37abdb9e0c181691f440a1cda9952062.jpeg

Since it was kinda brunch-time and a holiday to boot, I had a nice glass of pinot noir.    Hmmm.  Maybe I should have put this in lunch?  But it was my first meal of the day....my break-fast meal!

A major motivator in making that pasta dish was to reserve half the liver sauce and add it to Diana Henry's Toasted Brioche with Boozy Mushrooms from her book, Simple. I kinda wanted to make this first and hold the liver sauce over but decided to go with yesterday's dish first. I usually put Diana's mushrooms on toasted sourdough or other sturdy country bread but the addition of the liver sauce made the further decadence of brioche perfect.  Well, if you can call a brioche bun from Aldi decadent 🤣

F18AF1A9-6778-4FE2-8D2E-5224ECDFC3A5_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.feb3e467cba651cccf2ab487b9bcd12b.jpeg

Worth waiting a day for!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday's first meal was a bit late.  Almost 11 by the time I stopped dillydallying and cooked Marcella Hazan's chicken liver sauce for pasta.  The recipe is from her Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking and is available online at this link. Not a looker but really good. 

C1F2C8DF-094B-4110-A86C-02DCFABABB62_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.37abdb9e0c181691f440a1cda9952062.jpeg

Since it was kinda brunch-time and a holiday to boot, I had a nice glass of pinot noir.    Hmmm.  Maybe I should have put this in lunch?  But it was my first meal of the day....my break-fast meal!

A major motivator in making that pasta dish was to reserve half the liver sauce and add it to Diana Henry's Toasted Brioche with Boozy Mushrooms from her book, Simple. I kinda wanted to make this first and hold the liver sauce over but decided to go with yesterday's dish first. I usually put Diana's mushrooms on toasted sourdough or other sturdy country bread but the addition of the liver sauce made the further decadence of brioche perfect.  Well, if you can call a brioche bun from Aldi decadent 🤣

F18AF1A9-6778-4FE2-8D2E-5224ECDFC3A5_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.feb3e467cba651cccf2ab487b9bcd12b.jpeg

Worth waiting a day for!