• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Is it this.

Very similar.  In the book, They use shredded sharp cheddar instead of sliced and use the greens to make a pesto with garlic, rice vinegar and oil.

Edited to add that I love that was from Yankee magazine - a blast from the past as it was a regular during my growing up years! 

54 minutes ago, Anna N said:

You need a supply of these!

6EE34DA1-E26F-45A4-BB8F-4C68766DDA55.thumb.jpeg.87ea2a4f174847e333a4ed968214bef0.jpeg

I do indeed have a bunch of Grip Stics at the ready - I think I bought them after seeing you or @Kerry Beal had snagged a bargain purchase of them on one of your ventures- I'm a big fan!

I will have to see if I can open this particular package in a different way because when I cut off the fused end, there's not enough bag left to make a fold that the stic can grip! 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

58 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Is it this.

Very similar.  In the book, They use shredded sharp cheddar instead of sliced and use the greens to make a pesto with garlic, rice vinegar and oil 

47 minutes ago, Anna N said:

You need a supply of these!

6EE34DA1-E26F-45A4-BB8F-4C68766DDA55.thumb.jpeg.87ea2a4f174847e333a4ed968214bef0.jpeg

I do indeed have a bunch of Grip Stics at the ready - I think I bought them after seeing you or @Kerry Beal had snagged a bargain purchase of them on one of your ventures- I'm a big fan!

I will have to see if I can open this particular package in a different way because when I cut off the fused end, there's not enough bag left to make a fold that the stic can grip!