• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2022

liuzhou

5 hours ago, Duvel said:

I decided to take a walk and pick up my dinner, themed after our current Pâtés & Terrines Cook-Off

Ooooh, you stay in the fancy neighborhood, @Duvel😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

6 hours ago, Duvel said:

Easter holidays aka a long weekend in Paris. Today a long needed break from everything: while the little one and my wife headed out for Disneyland, I decided to take a walk and pick up my dinner, themed after our current Pâtés & Terrines Cook-Off

CE516665-D378-44E0-AC55-BAF87ED42E11.thumb.jpeg.9a5e81a168c04033a061f0432ced627f.jpeg

—-

* Yes, you’ve noticed the McDonalds paper cup. It’s a story for another day, but let me assure you that a) it was pristine and b) I wasn’t in the mood to go down and pick up a proper glass. Choices …

What's wrong with drinking from the bottle?

P.S.  I keep my Garmin set to Fahrenheit.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What's wrong with drinking from the bottle?

P.S.  I keep my Garmin set to Fahrenheit.

Absolutely nothing - for regular beer. But the carbonation of Duvel beer is so strong that drinking straight from the bottle is not so pleasant …

• Like 2
  • Delicious 1

5 hours ago, weinoo said:

Ooooh, you stay in the fancy neighborhood, @Duvel😉

Nope, just in the 13th, pretty close to the business end of Rue Mouffetard. I really had to walk the whole city to collect everything 😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Duvel said:

Nope, just in the 13th, pretty close to the business end of Rue Mouffetard. I really had to walk the whole city to collect everything 😉

Our first time on Rue Mouffetard was really great (and decades ago). Still good, but certainly changed.

• Like 1

Tasty Travails - My Blog

IMG_6545.thumb.jpeg.225daf1b95e2fbd4d2900c75ae4bebe3.jpeg

Nice and crispy skinned sautéed chicken thighs, pan gravy served on the side.  Oven "fries" which only reinforce my belief that oven fries are never as good as real French fries.  Broccoli raab.

I let (and like) the chicken cook in its own juices.  Only thing added to the pan for cooking was butter and olive oil. After browning the chicken well, pan gets partially covered, the chicken turned a few times until it is done.

• Like 10
  • Delicious 5

Tasty Travails - My Blog

similar to the previous :

IMG_1176.thumb.jpg.57dd7ced5528acc05ce97413dc572322.jpg

Mise

IMG_1184.thumb.jpg.9d66de2577a9c6b930fb92912a9941be.jpg

this is the soup=plate I love.  I have two .  note the small chip , bottom

I have two not painted , and 4 large dinner plates , painted , and two plain white

came from Crate and Barrel some time ago , 20 years ?

12 " plates , both soup and regular

IMG_1194.thumb.jpg.95a62c6dfa5f3ed1af4cd04904667437.jpg

tortellini ( Aldi , chicken and prosciutto , my favorite  Aldi's is the same as Contadina , but lessexpoensivee )

IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.3c0b161e2ae3828391a1429c11a07139.jpg

final ' dish sans dish '  I elected to not use the soup plate , as then Id have to wash it !

just as tasty this way .  this is the ' low volume ' version of the ' filled pasta in the Saucier  '

very tasty and very easy .  Spinach or Chard elevate this dish .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 13
  • Delicious 5

Got my second booster Wed. night so I felt like crap all day yesterday (feeling fine today).  But it was definitely a soup day so wor wonton soup for dinner with wontons, char siu, shrimp, carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and peas.

wor-wonton-soup2.jpg.c31be4c5144073b1d740702e8ed863b3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Delicious 2

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

On 4/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, Duvel said:

Easter holidays aka a long weekend in Paris😉

Wow. I am so envious!

My wife took me to Paris a few years ago. I was apprehensive as Marine La Pen had just done well at the elections, confirming my fears about French racism. I didn't need to spend a holiday experiencing racial snideness, because I have enough at home (any is too much.) Actually everyone in Paris was so lovely. So much more so than in London!

I was also dubious about the food. Surely  over-appreciated. To my amazement the food was, meal by meal, the best I've ever had! Two poor meals over a three day weekend. The service was amazing too!

I'm so looking forward to going again. I can't say the current surge of Le Pen popularity doesn't worry me. But for the doubters, let me confirm the eating is fabulous in Paris!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Kerala said:

Dinner at a friend's. IMG_20220415_193817.thumb.jpg.9afa80f25fd3f99e04def596a0ea2b21.jpg

Sea bass

Strawberries dipped in chocolate.

With the fish direct on oven grills? Pain to clean or am I not seeing it properly. 

• Like 1

Monday's dough was the dough that just kept on giving.
Since Wednesday I have made five pizzas and Matthew made two calzones.

All five pizzas were baked in the Ooni Koda 16.
Matt's calzones were baked in the conventional oven.

I started with two pizzas on Wednesday.
Two more yesterday morning to take to work and one tonight using the last ball of dough.
I didn't really want pizza tonight,
but I wanted to use up the last ball to see whether it was still good after five days.
And it was.
1289974886_BroccoliandthreecheeseCalzoneApril15th2022.thumb.jpg.71c90d3ff867a870f0a9f6edee4696c5.jpg
The Calzones were also baked today
379353364_RoastedBroccoliandthreecheeseCalzoneApril15th2022.thumb.jpg.b9c49b1cc819beef360f782510ea2dda.jpg
and stuffed with roasted broccoli, three cheeses as well as garlic and herbs.
840759913_PepperoniandOlivePizzaApril15th2022.thumb.jpg.b6080e6a4f12dfa5b3cdc626dacd368f.jpg
Tonight's pizza was pepperoni and olives.
1311976000_PepperoniandOlivePizzaApril15th20221.thumb.jpg.0fdd855fe18ab263231511f4e92d1632.jpg
I was kind of on the fence as to whether I would keep the Ooni, but after this week
I've decided it is a keeper. 

Although I must admit, I don't care if I have another pizza for a few weeks. 
  • Like 12
  • Delicious 5

5 hours ago, KennethT said:

PXL_20220415_234818054.thumb.jpg.78c3bc60983034e6f0d0b6a5fbff79bf.jpg

I love the way the rice noodles peek out shyly between all those fresh and magnificent herbs* 🤗

—-

* not to mention those shrimps !!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1